Discover Cuba - Group Tour
- 14 Highlights in 14 Days: Havana, Viñales, Cayo Levisa, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Topes de Collantes, Valle de los Ingenios, Camagüey, Bayamo, Sierra Maestra, El Cobre, Santiago de Cuba, Baracoa, Humboldt-Nationalpark
- 6 nights in hotels with a 2-4* standard, 7 nights in a private accommodation
- 6x breakfast, 4x lunch, 2x dinner
- many included activities like city tours, boat tours, visit of the Casa del Veguero, guided hikes and excursions to the beach
- from $ 2,135 CAD
Experience the amazing country Cuba on one of our most popular group tours in two weeks. Years ago impossible, today a sign of the economical progress: some of your accommodations will be Casas Particulares, which are rooms offered by locals in their private homes. You'll live next your hosts and get the opportunity to discover the authentic Cuban way of life. You can also order breakfast for some CUC. On your trip you travel from the west to the east and discover the whole island, which gives you the unique possibilty to visit many different places. Starting in vivid Havana to the beautiful beaches of Cayo Levisa, impressive colonial cities like Cienfuegos or Trinidad until you reach the almost untouched nature of Cuba wild east. More information you can find in our detailed itinerary.
Route of the group tour "Discover Cuba"
See Cuba’s most spectacular sights with the comfort and convenience of a professionally guided group tour. On this tour you'll get to explore Cuba’s official capital, vibrant Havana, as well as its so called ‘secret capital’, exciting Santiago de Cuba. Both towns will delight you with their Cuban charm and colonial architecture. Scenic Viñales and Trinidad also have their own exciting attractions and unique atmospheres.
Below you’ll find the day-by-day breakdown for our Discover Cuba tour.
These highlights are waiting for you on this tour
Welcome to lively Havana! We can transfer you to your accommodation or you can arrange your own transportation.
Hotel in Havana, 4* Standard
Meet your guide at 8:30 am in the hotel lobby. A guided walking tour will bring you through the historical part of Havana, La Habana Vieja. The Old Town was declared a UNESCO world Heritage in 1982. The atmosphere of bygone days is still present in Havana's streets. Later on you will visit the Havana Club Rum Museum for a cocktail before exploring Havana’s Old Town on your own! After lunch (not included) explore "modern" Havana before enjoying dinner at a typical, local restaurant.
Hotel in Havana, 4* Standard Breakfast, Dinner
After breakfast you will head to Viñales. This region in Western Cuba is world famous for its tobacco and you will drive by rolling tobacco plantations and curious Mogote rock formations. You will visit the "Casa del Veguero" (tobacco farm) and see how the famous Cuban cigars, called puros, are made. Afterwards visit the stunning natural cave of Cueva del Indio and have lunch at the Restaurant Palenque de los Cimarrones.
Casa Particular in Viñales Breakfast, Lunch
Today you will go on a day excursion to the tranquil, Cayo Levisa beach, located nearby. Lay on the ivory white sand and spend the day relaxing and swimming. If you´re in the explore mood, explore the underwater world of Cayo Levisa by snorkeling.
You will have lunch on the island.
Casa Particular in Viñales Lunch
One of the most beautiful and lively cities in Cuba awaits you – vibrant Cienfuegos! The Palacio de Valle, with its gothic, venetian and neoclassical architecture, is one of Cienfuegos most beautiful places. After your guided walking tour you will get to enjoy your dinner at the Palacio de Valle.
Casa Particular in Cienfuegos Dinner
In the morning you will visit the famous botanical garden of Cienfuegos before heading to the fascinating city of Trinidad, a UNESCO world heritage site! In colonial times many of Cuba’s wealthy sugar-barons called this city home so it’s one of the best places in the Caribbean to see some very ostentatious palaces! Spend the afternoon exploring as you like before spending the night at a casa particular. If you would like a there are many optional excursions that you can choose to book!
Casa Particular in Trinidad
Today will start with an excursion to the nature park El Cubano. Enjoy the beautiful nature during a short hike and take a refreshing bath in the waterfall that awaits you at the end of the track. Spend the afternoon as you wish, stroll through Trinidad again or relax at the beach Playa Ancon, about 12 km away from Trinidad. In the evening you will get to listen to some live Cuban music at the Casa de la Trova!
Casa Particular in Trinidad
Today your journey to the colonial city of Camagüey. You will be taken on a tour of the city in a bike taxi! This is a great way to see this labyrinthine city, designed to confuse invading pirates in centuries past! There are no activities planned for the evening so you can keep exploring or just relax in your accommodation.
Hotel in Camagüey, 3* Standard
After visiting a typical crafts shop in Camagüey the small town of Bayamo with its rich tradition of Cuban national pride and charming centre awaits you. Enjoy the quietness of this authentic town during a guided tour.
Hotel in Bayamo, 3* Standard Breakfast
In the morning drive to the Sierra Maestra and go for a hiking-tour in the mountains where you can admire the spectacular Cuban landscape and learn about the interesting history. Then head to the famous El Cobre, an important shrine for the Cuban people which is located on a mountain overlooking the valley close to Santiago de Cuba. Todays journey ends in Santiago de Cuba – one of Cuba's liveliest cities, with a strong Afro-Caribbean influence.
Casa Particular in Santiago de Cuba Breakfast
Today you will get to know Santiago de Cuba - also known as the second capital of Cuba. You will visit the Castillo El Morro, a stunning 16th century citadel, and the fascinating cemetery of Santa Ifigenia. Finish off your tour in the Plaza de la Revolucion and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant.
Casa Particular in Santiago de Cuba Lunch
From Santiago de Cuba you will drive along the wild and romantic Cuban coastline, along the famous Pass La Farola, to the sleepy little coastal town of Baracoa. You will walk through the centre of the town and can spent the evening in this lively town as you wish.
Hotel in Baracoa, 3* Standard
We visit the National park Humboldt for a hiking tour. Afterwards we visit the cacao Finca Duaba and go for a boat tour on the River Toa.
Hotel in Baracoa, 3* Standard Breakfast, Lunch
Today is the last day of your tour, we will transfer you to Holguin Airport or a hotel in Guardalavaca (included, arrival aprox. in the afternoon). We will be happy to organize your beach extension or other individual services.
- 6 nights in hotels, 7 nights in Casas Particulares*
- 6x breakfast, 4x lunch, 2x dinner
- all described transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
- Transfer at the end of the tour to the airport Holguín (for flights leaving in the afternoon or evening) or Guardalavaca
- Professional English-speaking guide and local guides
- City tour Havana incl. rum museum
- Visit of the "Casa del Veguero"
- Visit of the "Cueva del Indio"
- Excursion to the Cayo Levisa
- City tour in Cienfuegos and Trinidad
- Hike in the natura park El Cubano (Topes de Collantes)
- City tour in bike-taxi in Camagüey
- City tour Bayamo
- Hike in the Sierra Maestra
- City tour in Santiago de Cuba incl. Castillo del Morro & cementery Santa Ifigenia
- International flights to/from Cuba
- Transfer in: booking available onrequest
- Cuba Entry Card (tourist visa): booking available on request
- Optional offers/activities and services
- Travel Insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- *Casas Particulares are private houses of Cuban locals, who offer rooms to tourists. On request they are happy to cater you with a delicious breakfast (5-6 CUC) or even a lunch and dinner (10-12 CUC each). Let them know at your arrival.
- We guarantee the operation of every group with one booked client
- Maximum group size: 18 people
- Visa and vaccination requirements and general information about country and people of Cuba
- Solo travellers can request a room shared room with another person of the same sex
- If we can't find another solo traveller who wants to share a room, the single room supplement needs to be paid
- If you want to book a domestic flight within Cuba, we are happy to support you
- If your flight leaves in the morning of the last day of the tour, you can book a seperate transfer from Baracoa to the airport. Prices available on request.
Prices and Dates for the group tour "Discover Cuba"
With click on "continue" you can book this tour or send us a non-binding request
- Cuba Entry Card (tourist visa): $ 30 CAD
- Transfer IN/OUT optional:
- Havana Airport - Havana Hotel
- ONE WAY Price per transfer: $ 40 CAD (1-3pax), $ 52 CAD (4-6pax)
- Transfer OUT to Holguin Airport for flights in leaving in the evening is included. Flights leaving earlier require an additional transfer (optional): Prices on request.