Diving in Cayo Largo - Diving Tour
- 9-day Diving Tour: Mix of vivid capital Havana and the paradisiac island Cayo Largo
- 3 nights in a hotel in Havana with a 3* standard, incl. breakfast
- 5 nights in a hotel in Cayo Largo with 4* standard, incl. all-inclusive
- domestic flight Havana - Cayo Largo and Cayo Largo - Havana
- city tour in Havana, 6 dives in Cayo Largo
Note: Requirement for this tour is the Open Water Diver Certificate. If you didn't receive one yet, you can take part in our diving course in Havana.
Diving in Playa Girón
On this 9-day diving tour you'll get to know one of the diving paradises of the Caribbean and its impressive underwater world. After you spend some days in the vivid capital Havana you fly to the island Cayo Largo. The diving area is one of the most famous areas in Cuba. It's suitable for beginners and experienced divers. You go on 6 dives during your stay.
Below you'll find a day-by-day breakdown for the Diving in Cayo Largo Tour.
Today you'll travel to Cayo Largo. You'll be picked up at your hotel in Havana and transfered to the airport, where you'll take a flight to Cayo Largo. Upon arrival at the Cayo Largo airport, you will be greeted with another transfer to take you to your new accommodation.
On day 4 you will immerse into Cuba’s underwater world for the first time. During your stay on Cayo Largo you will have 6 dive sessions. If you’d like to do more , you can book additional sessions on-site. Every day you will get picked up and dropped off at your hotel before and after your dives. On the days when you do not have a dive you will have time to relax on the beautiful white sandy beaches of Cayo Largo.
Sadly, today is the last day on this trip. You can arrange a transfer to the airport so that you can catch your plane back home with the memory of amazing Cuban sights from these past days.
Diving in Cayo Largo Highlights
Only 40 minutes in plane are lying between Havana and Cayo Largo del Sur, which is one of the most impressive recreation areas of the country. With a size of 38km², Cayo Largo is the second biggest island of the Canarreos archipelago. With its 25km long white sandy beach, the crystal clear blue water and the beautiful coral reefs, the island is similar to the Bahamas or the Maldives. Due to the unique diving spots the island got famous around experiences and beginner divers.
Places of Interest
Beside the beautiful white sandy beaches, which are inviting you for long walks, there is the unique possibilty to watch turtels at the Beach of Playa Tortuga. Between April and October the endangered animals are coming to the beach to place their eggs in the sand. The staff of the Granja de las Tortugas are collecting the eggs and nurse them until they are ready to leave. You can also participate in an excursion to the island Cayo Iguana. Here you can watch iguanas.
Diving area of Cayo Largo del Sur
The island is surrounded by impressive coral reefs and a breathtaking variety of animals. The 50km big area is one of the most beautiful in the whole Caribbean. Most diving spots are close to riffs and walls and are about 5 - 30m deep. You can find venus fan, horn corals, corkscrew anemones and many different kind of sponges. There are also many animals: tropical fishes, turtles, crawfish, sharks, rays and many more. It's also possible to go on night- or wreck-dives.
- 3 nights in a hotel in Havana (3* standard), incl. breakfast
- 5 nights in a hotel in Cayo Largo (4* standard), all-inclusive
- Flights from Havana to Cayo Largo and back (Day 3 and 8)
- Airport transfers on day 3 and 8
- City tour Havana
- 6 dives in the ocean
- Transfers to the diving spots
- Flights to / from Cuba
- Entry card (visa): booking available on request
- Transfers in/out: booking available on request
- Other meals and drinks
- Tips & Gratuities
- Optional excursions
- Travel Insurance
- If the mentioned hotels are not available, we will accommodate you in a hotel of the same standard
- Requirement for the diving course is a medical certificate
- To participate in this program you need to have an open water certification. If you don't have it yet, you can first participate in our Diving Course in Havana.
- Please keep in mind, that you need to take a 24h-break from diving before boarding an airplane. This is to allow the nitrogen which accumulated in the bloodstream during diving to dissipate. This restriction is in line with the guidance and regulations of all major diving organisations.
- We recommend to bring your own diving equipment. You can also borrow it at Playa Giron (not included in price)
- Visa and vaccination requirements and general information about country and people of Cuba
- Solo travellers can request a room shared room with another person of the same sex
- If we can't find another solo traveller who wants to share a room, the single room supplement needs to be paid
- If you want to book a domestic flight within Cuba, we are happy to support you
Prices and Dates for the diving tour "Diving in Cayo Largo"
- Cuba Entry Card (tourist visa): $ 30 CAD
- Transfer IN/OUT optional:
- Havana Airport - Havana Hotel
- ONE WAY Price per transfer: $ 40 CAD (1-3pax); $ 52 CAD (4-6pax)