Diving Destinations in Cuba
Experience the fascinating underwater world of the Caribbean Sea as we take you to Cuba’s best diving destinations! SC Travel Adventures will show you to the best local diving spots no matter where you are in Cuba – from Havana to Santiago de Cuba. Discover the many facets of the largest Caribbean island. Dazzling coral reefs, captivating sunken ships, and amazing, colorful fish await you!
One of our most spectacular destinations is right off the coast of Havana – a must see City. Cuba is a diving paradise for divers of any level and we offer a variety of diving courses and dive trips starting right in lively Havana. The dive zone is just to the west of the capital and offers a rich variety of plant and animal life. Here you will find stunning coral formations, brightly coloured fish, mollusks, and enchanting underwater caves. Have a look at our diving trips, you are sure to find something that is right for you!
- Diving Base: Marina Hemingway
- Certification: ACUC
- Tanks: steel tanks with 12 liter capacity
- Courses: Scuba Diver, Open Water Diver, Advanced and Rescue Diver
- Oxygen Equipment: Available
- Nearest Hospitals: Hospital CIMEQ (5km), Naval Hospital (30km)
- Recommended Dive Sites: La Cueva, Canto de Santa Fe, Canto de Biriato, Paraguas de Baracoa, Las Chopas, Canal del Salado and Cabezo desollado.
Important Note about our Cuban Diving Destinations
You will require a medical certificate as a prerequisite for diving. You also need to leave at least one day between your last dive and flying. When you dive, nitrogen accumulates in your blood and your body needs to time absorb this before you can go to high altitudes. These guidelines are followed by all major diving organizations in order to avoid health complications.