Ho Chi Minh City is a beautiful, bustling metropolis, and it's only one of the exciting destinations you'll visit during your Vietnam tour. On this tour you'll visit many lively cultural centres and have days in between, to rest and relax on paradisiacal beaches. There are many diverse communities in Vietnam, which is more than 1,650 km long, and just 50km wide at its narrowest point. See many impressive, captivating, and fascinating sites in varied Vietnam.
We recommend that you read this information carefully before booking or departure. Here you will find important information about Vietnam. Be aware that you may need to get some vaccinations in advance. This trip includes several excursions, but there is also allocated time for optional activities. Let one of our friendly tour guides help you book any additional adventures.
Important advice regarding entry and exit, necessary vaccinations and general information about the country and people can be found here. If you have any further questions one of our staff members would be more than happy to help.
- To enter Vietnam, you need a visa
- There are no special vaccination requirements but standard travel vaccinations are recommended
- An English-speaking guide will accompany you on your trip
- 15 nights in a hotel, including breakfast, 2 nights on the train without breakfast, 1 night in a private home with dinner
- Boating in Ha Long Bay including overnight stay on the boat, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- 2 lunches and 2 dinners on Whale Island
- All transfers not described as optional
- Night Train from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang / from Hue to Hanoi / Hanoi to Lao Cai
- Boat trip to Whale Island and back
- Visit to Marble Mountains / Cham Museum
- Visits to the markets in Can Cau and Bac Ha
- English-speaking guide
- Transfer to the airport in Hanoi (only for flights before 19:00 hours)
What's not included?
- All Flights
- All other meals and drinks not listed
- Optional hike to Sa Pa (if desired, please specify when booking)
- Optional excursions
- All entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Transfer from the airport in Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi airport for flights before 19:00 hours
- On the night train you'll stay in a second-class sleeper.
- If the train to Lao Cai is very late it won't be possible to visit the market in Can Cau.
- It's possible that accommodation on Whale Island will be fully booked. In this case you'll stay in Doc Let, on the mainland beach (Lunch and dinner are included).
- The optional hike includes lunch and dinner on the first day and breakfast and lunch on the second day. Only travellers who are reasonably fit should book this activity. If you want to participate in the hike you must request it at the time of booking.
- On the boat trip in Ha Long Bay you'll have 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and 1 breakfast included. A shuttle is available for the trip to Hanoi. Please note that your departure flight must be later than 19:00 hours. If you're taking an earlier flight you must arrange an additional transfer.
- Groups of 2-5 participants will have different guides at different points during the trip. Groups with only two participants will be travelling in a car and groups of 3-5 participants will travel in a minibus. Groups of 5 or less will take the boat trip in Ha Long Bay along with other travellers. Groups of 6 or more will have a tour guide throughout the entire trip, transfers and excursions on a private bus, and a private boat in Ha Long Bay.
- Your group may be combined with our 13-day tour group for some activities, however, the combined group will never exceed 24 people.